There's no place I'd rather be
NDP's on broadcasting LIVE on all SG's channels while i typed away on my lappie.
Though it's not the usual National-Stadium stuffs, i will still watch it but not as excited as in those younger days.
After i heard Kit Chan's NDP song 07 yesterday night on the la-lee-oh, i was only waiting for her to come on live tonight. BUT to my disappointment of course.
Then again, there's alwiz YOUTUBE.
Music & Lyrics by Jimmy Ye
By far, one of the better-sounding NDP song after all the old time faves of COUNT ON ME SINGAPORE, ONE PEOPLE ONE NATION ONE SINGAPORE, FIVE STARS ARISING, STAND UP FOR SINGAPORE and blah. (see how music can poison, erm, influence a kid's mind about patriotism).
I've alwiz loved Kit's HOME, english or mandarin versions, raised my goosebumps everytime it was played. Cheesy it can be but THIS IS HOME SURELY. WHERE I KNOW I MUST BE. THIS IS WHERE I KNOW ITS HOME.
I heart youtube.
And as i was doing some cleaning up... just a little bit... i found this really old stuffs. National Day souvenirs in primary school and they've turned really erm... yellow...stuffs as old as 1986! that's like when i was 5!though i dont need it but dont think i will throw them away... it's after all 21 years of age. how lasting plastic rulers are!
seriously think we had shifted out of all these "brain-washing" to kids using these souvenirs. i dont even remembering myself actually reading it. instead it was kept in the cupboard for eons. and 20 plus years later found it chucked inside the cupboard and drawing it out to find that we had turned old.
happy 42nd birthday Singapore.
i still remember the 25th celebrations file i had in primary 2.
hopefully these souvenirs are not the most important stuffs to remind me that i love you. i will probably leave u one day to roam the cities of the world but rest assured i will come back eventually.
Though it's not the usual National-Stadium stuffs, i will still watch it but not as excited as in those younger days.
After i heard Kit Chan's NDP song 07 yesterday night on the la-lee-oh, i was only waiting for her to come on live tonight. BUT to my disappointment of course.
Then again, there's alwiz YOUTUBE.
Music & Lyrics by Jimmy Ye
By far, one of the better-sounding NDP song after all the old time faves of COUNT ON ME SINGAPORE, ONE PEOPLE ONE NATION ONE SINGAPORE, FIVE STARS ARISING, STAND UP FOR SINGAPORE and blah. (see how music can poison, erm, influence a kid's mind about patriotism).
I've alwiz loved Kit's HOME, english or mandarin versions, raised my goosebumps everytime it was played. Cheesy it can be but THIS IS HOME SURELY. WHERE I KNOW I MUST BE. THIS IS WHERE I KNOW ITS HOME.
I heart youtube.
happy 42nd birthday Singapore.
i still remember the 25th celebrations file i had in primary 2.
hopefully these souvenirs are not the most important stuffs to remind me that i love you. i will probably leave u one day to roam the cities of the world but rest assured i will come back eventually.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home