静话论

一杯咖啡。一段故事。一人的绝症。

1/28/2007

Compassion

*the original post disappeared for no reason @ all*

It had been a rough week, with me battling with my lost voice and of course the usual membership stuffs i had to deal with in the beginning of the year, alwiz.

The reasons just didn't fail to bore me and i had to bore myself with the same old explanations and blah blah blah. Can we get anything more creative to challenge me with? oh well..

I can't wait for Friday to end but there was some things i need to settle before things got worse. And so it happened. I probably was not even prepared to give her the choice but it came out just so naturally when i see her crying so badly. It was definitely genuine tears. Deep down I had some little hope that she will stay for the sake of the rest of the pple who fought so much and for the state we are in now, we sure will need the instrumentation.

At the end of the day, i only heard from WS about the decision. Was waiting for her sms but the only news i heard was from WS. Well, I kinda prepared myself for it. I didn't even tell DS when we were walking out of the room, i thought, there would be good news. It was only later then i sms DS about the decision to let her go. I can tell he's kinda disappointed about the decision, but i guess, he should have understood why i decided to give her that choice.

It was all in one day i had heard so much about compassion. To revisit our Teacher's pledge. To rethink about what we have forgotten in the midst of our busy work schedule. BUT there are so many instances that made us go against these supposedly values they called. Well. Even before we revisit this Teacher's pledge, sometimes i really wonder, does everyone actually remembers why we are here even for. The word education is simple to say but it's so much more to it than we ever know.

I knew i did not come here just to earn my bucks and live a good life. I knew it will be full of challenges/obstacles and i will kick my own ass for signing that bond. I knew i had a purpose. However, That purpose seems like it's worn off much not solely by the kids themselves, but the adversities in the system.

I thought back the close to 2 years in service and the intermittent fights i had to put up during this period of time, it was not easy... and now different challenges and new fights had to surface.

Compassion.
Are those choices we give them compassionate enough?
They are simply not interested and why not just let them go.
If we are a happy band, we will excel no matter what.
If we are forcing them like we are doing now, we will definitely go nowhere.

Even now. This entry seems unsure.
I'm not even sure the choice i had given her should be there in the first place or not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home