Be STRONG.
This had to be a long long week.
My battery just went flat last night after coming home from school.
The previous night, I thought i had prepared myself very well for it.
I knew what I had to say.
I knew what I needed to say.
I knew what I was going to say.
I thank DS for offering to come and stand by them when I break the news, various. I knew he had to rush off, so i'd rather him not miss his rehearsals.
It seemed that i wasn't that strong myself @ all.
In the process of, i could hear my own voice breaking, uncontrollably. I thought i had flushed all these away the night before, when i worked late into the night preparing the budget and the justifications that the top needs for approval. But i just had to control. infront of them, i had to be the strongest. i should never fall. at least not infront of them.
It brought thoughts of the past when we just had to worry about securing the goldie. We didn't even need to fight for instruments, new instruments just come rolling in every year. We didn't even need to worry our concert will be at danger, cos it's something which we was etched on our skins and must happen. We didn't even need to twitch about Tour opportunities, as its just something so "natural".
But we're on a different level now. With a different story altogether. With a very different challenge altogether.
So that is why i had to come clean with the whole situation...
The slashed budget.
The slashed Tour opportunity.
the slashed Concert Date.
It feels like I'm some big liar giving empty promises.
It feels like i'm the doctor performing an abortion surgery.
But as i looked @ the faces of these kids, seated all infront of me, I knew there was still hope. Esp. the concert part (which is still worrying), when initially most of them opted to combine with Choir and later convinced by WS, Shannon and some others who really wanted a concert on our own and really call it ours. It brought back some life into all of them. I'm glad. really glad. that they are really there, as ONE.
As i drove back home, i'm glad it wasn't a long journey at all.
Wasn't even paying any attention to the roads and almost hit a BMW while turning into my own carpark. Luckily we were both slow on speed. well, I reckoned i was really low on battery. i needed some sleep.
I know they will be strong.
I know they will be able to do it.
It's tough. It's difficult.
But I'm certain. Good returns will fall on us.
Thanks All.
For all of it.
My battery just went flat last night after coming home from school.
The previous night, I thought i had prepared myself very well for it.
I knew what I had to say.
I knew what I needed to say.
I knew what I was going to say.
I thank DS for offering to come and stand by them when I break the news, various. I knew he had to rush off, so i'd rather him not miss his rehearsals.
It seemed that i wasn't that strong myself @ all.
In the process of, i could hear my own voice breaking, uncontrollably. I thought i had flushed all these away the night before, when i worked late into the night preparing the budget and the justifications that the top needs for approval. But i just had to control. infront of them, i had to be the strongest. i should never fall. at least not infront of them.
It brought thoughts of the past when we just had to worry about securing the goldie. We didn't even need to fight for instruments, new instruments just come rolling in every year. We didn't even need to worry our concert will be at danger, cos it's something which we was etched on our skins and must happen. We didn't even need to twitch about Tour opportunities, as its just something so "natural".
But we're on a different level now. With a different story altogether. With a very different challenge altogether.
So that is why i had to come clean with the whole situation...
The slashed budget.
The slashed Tour opportunity.
the slashed Concert Date.
It feels like I'm some big liar giving empty promises.
It feels like i'm the doctor performing an abortion surgery.
But as i looked @ the faces of these kids, seated all infront of me, I knew there was still hope. Esp. the concert part (which is still worrying), when initially most of them opted to combine with Choir and later convinced by WS, Shannon and some others who really wanted a concert on our own and really call it ours. It brought back some life into all of them. I'm glad. really glad. that they are really there, as ONE.
As i drove back home, i'm glad it wasn't a long journey at all.
Wasn't even paying any attention to the roads and almost hit a BMW while turning into my own carpark. Luckily we were both slow on speed. well, I reckoned i was really low on battery. i needed some sleep.
I know they will be strong.
I know they will be able to do it.
It's tough. It's difficult.
But I'm certain. Good returns will fall on us.
Thanks All.
For all of it.


3 Comments:
At 20/1/07 4:24 PM,
kkkkrrriis. said…
we are STRONG! :D
-kristelle:)
At 21/1/07 12:12 AM,
J|nGLeZz said…
i know u all will be. =)
At 21/1/07 12:16 AM,
GuanYu said…
the next time, i will make sure i hijack ur car and make squirrel boy drive u back home. that, or i'd flag a cab.
Post a Comment
<< Home