Pondering
Been long since I last visited this xanga site Yellowhead
Little Zachary had grown quite a bit.

Here's a little entry by his mom...
"Friday, August 04, 2006
Milestone day! This morning, Zach said,"Poo" after breakfast. I took him to his potty, and he peed! I was so happy - I gave him a big hug and said he was a good boy (in Chinese). He was so proud of himself. He stood up, pointed to the potty and announced, "YELLOW!" All the way to daycare, he was chattering in the backseat about "yellow." I think it's time to start potty training! We're starting at 27 months ... let's see how long it takes until he's fully potty trained..."
This 2 yr old stays in California.
His dad is an angmo and his mum an ABC.
By right, he should not have any favourable chinese language environment, but his mom keeps feeding him with chinese words at times, which i felt was amazing.
Guess his mom did not grow up in an envt where they speak chinese frequently too, but it makes me feel american chinese seems to care much more about preserving their chinese roots.
what on earth are our kids on the island doing to the chinese language.
sigh.
Thoughts to ponder on a Sunday night.
Little Zachary had grown quite a bit.

Here's a little entry by his mom...
"Friday, August 04, 2006
Milestone day! This morning, Zach said,"Poo" after breakfast. I took him to his potty, and he peed! I was so happy - I gave him a big hug and said he was a good boy (in Chinese). He was so proud of himself. He stood up, pointed to the potty and announced, "YELLOW!" All the way to daycare, he was chattering in the backseat about "yellow." I think it's time to start potty training! We're starting at 27 months ... let's see how long it takes until he's fully potty trained..."
This 2 yr old stays in California.
His dad is an angmo and his mum an ABC.
By right, he should not have any favourable chinese language environment, but his mom keeps feeding him with chinese words at times, which i felt was amazing.
Guess his mom did not grow up in an envt where they speak chinese frequently too, but it makes me feel american chinese seems to care much more about preserving their chinese roots.
what on earth are our kids on the island doing to the chinese language.
sigh.
Thoughts to ponder on a Sunday night.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home